This circa 1877 home was born in Goliad and moved to the ranch in 2005. We saved her from demolition, restored her, and added new bathrooms, a laundry room, and kitchen. First opened to guests in 2006, the Maetze House has 12-foot ceilings with six-foot windows that present beautiful views of the outdoors. Built of long-leaf yellow pine, the house has a large porch situated perfectly to receive the southwest breeze and rocking chairs from which view the wildlife and birds that visit the sunflower meadow and nearby bird feeders. The living room with wood-burning fireplace opens into three bedrooms, each having a private bath. The drop-leaf dining table seats eight beside the fully stocked kitchen with all amenities.
- Jane Long Suite: one queen bed, one twin with twin trundle. Wood-burning fireplace. Large open seating area with couch and table for playing games. Oversized soaking tub in private bath with crystal chandelier.
- Francesca Alavez Suite: one queen bed, one single bed. Walk-in shower in private bath.
- General Zaragoza Suite: two twin beds. Bathtub/shower in large private bath.
$150/night per bedroom + 6% hotel tax + $50 cleaning fee
Rent the entire home for $400/night + 6% tax + $75 cleaning fee
When rented by the bedroom, we lock off the extra bedrooms and do not book them to other guests.
Call 361-542-0348 to reserve.
- Garden vegetables when available
- A/C and central heat
- Outdoor grill
- Fire pit with firewood provided
- Full kitchen
- Ground-floor bedrooms
- Take-a-book/leave-a-book library (children and adult)
- Linens provided
- Private baths
- Children’s activity basket
- Children’s videos and DVDs